About yellow food color:
- Bright, cheery yellow food color made with premium ingredients
- Gluten free and certified Kosher and Halal
- Add color to frostings, cakes, cupcakes, cookies and even arts and crafts
- Gradually add drops until you achieve desired hue ranging from pastel to bold
- To dye eggs: Mix 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp vinegar and food color; soak egg 5 mins
Tartrazine is a synthetic lemon yellow azo dye primarily used as a food coloring. It is also known as E number E102, C.I. 19140, FD&C Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake, Acid Yellow 23, Food Yellow 4, and trisodium 1-(4-sulfonatophenyl)-4-(4-sulfonatophenylazo)-5-pyrazolone-3-carboxylate).
Tartrazine is a commonly used color all over the world, mainly for yellow, and can also be used with brilliant blue FCF (FD&C Blue 1, E133) or green S (E142) to produce various green shades.